Once again it’s time for EMC World; new product releases, breakout sessions, labs, networking, wandering around the show floor and of course some fun too. Breakout sessions will be recorded and those can be accessed after the conference but at least most of the hands-on labs are created just for the EMC World. So take an advantage of the ease of testing and evaluating EMC products in an isolated environment without needing to worry about messing up anything. It’s a really good opportunity to get hands on experience and see how things really work.
Here is the list of available labs. Bolded ones are the ones that I’ll try to take, that’ll be about 11 hours of lab time.
- LAB01 SRM Suite – Visualize, Analyze, Optimize
- LAB02 VNX with AppSync Lab: Simple Management, Advanced Protection
- LAB03 EMC Software Defined Storage (SDS)
- LAB04 Atmos Cloud Storage: Mature, Robust and Ready to Rock
- LAB05 EMC NetWorker Backup and Recovery for Next Generation Microsoft Environments
- LAB06 Flexible and Efficient Backup and Recovery for Microsoft SQL Always-On Availability Groups using EMC NetWorker
- LAB07 Easier and Faster VMware Backup and Recovery with EMC Avamar For the Storage Administrator
- LAB08 Automated Backup and Recovery for Your Software Defined Data Center with EMC Avamar
- LAB09 Taking Backup and Archiving To New Heights with EMC SourceOne and EMC Data Domain
- LAB10 Optimizing Backups for Oracle DBAs with EMC Data Domain and EMC Data Protection Advisor
- LAB11 Operational and Disaster Recovery using RecoverPoint
- LAB12 Achieving High Availability in SAP environments using VMware ESXi clusters and VPLEX
- LAB13 VPLEX Metro with RecoverPoint: 3-site Solution for HighAvailability and Disaster Recovery
- LAB14 Introduction to VMAX Cloud Edition
- LAB15 Replication for the VMAX Family
- LAB16 Performance Analyzer for the VMAX Family
- LAB17 Introduction to the VMAX Family
- LAB18 Storage Provisioning and Monitoring with EMC Storage Integrator (ESI 2.1) and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager
- LAB19 EMC|Isilon Compliance Mode Cluster Setup, Configuration, and Management Simplicity
- LAB20 EMC|Isilon Enterprise Ready with OneFS 7.0 Enhancements
- LAB21 RSA Cloud Security and Compliance
- LAB22 VMware vSphere Integration with VNX
- LAB23 VNX Unisphere Analyzer
- LAB24 VNX/VNXe Storage Monitoring & Analytics For Your Business Needs
- LAB25 VNX Data Efficiency
- LAB26 VNXe Unisphere Administration & Snapshots
- LAB27 EMC VSPEX Virtualized Infrastructure for End User Computing
- LAB28 Collaborative Big Data Analysis with the Greenplum Unified Analytics Platform
- LAB29 Manage Your vCloud Suite Applications with VMware vFabric Application
- LAB30 Discover VMware Horizon Workspace
- LAB31 Deploy and Operate Your Cloud with the VMware vCloud Suite
Labs are running on VCE Vblock architecture based infrastructure at EMC North Carolina data center. The storage used to serve the content is VNX and XtremeIO and of course to make it all work together vSphere 5.1 & vCD are also utilized.
There will be two screens at the front of the HOL where the live performance of the environment can be monitored. There will also be product specialists demoing and answering questions about the HOL cloud infrastructure.
There will be 200 seats for HOL attendees.
Location and opening hours
The labs are located on the right hand side of the EMC Village (2nd floor of the Sands Expo Hall).
Lab opening hours:
- Monday: 11:00AM- 9PM
- Tuesday: 7:00AM – 6:30PM
- Wednesday: 7:00AM – 5:00PM
- Thursday: 7:00AM – 2PM
Doors close 30 mins before the end of each day